July 16, 2008

A man and his dogs


A scene that warms the heart. Of Junior and her connection with KZ. All along our way to the vet for her vax, all she wants is to be as close as she can to him. No matter how awkward a position she placed herself in. Hind legs on back seat, front paws on the floor. The turns and swerves of motion. She stood her footing with a clear determination that no amount of calling or coercing will diminish. It's closeness that she wants. And she got it.

A dog doesn't belong to you by sheer outward ownership. Not merely cos you paid a price for them and they are living under the same roof as you. A dog belongs to you by that strong heart connection that is so clear in the eyes of others. They choose you.



As for Ginne, poor girl, she got carsick like the very first time she got onto a moving vehicle to the house of the people who abandoned her and Junior couple of years later. Twice she puked but recovered from wooziness to have a splendid romp at West Coast park.



Awaiting booster shots to protect them as they live on in the dog shelter with 100 others. We still have hopes of them being adopted to a good family.


Off to West Coast!




Little joys that last.

Have fun. Run with joy. Laugh. Eat with gusto. Rest with a grin on your face when body is tired but heart is so alive.

Like a song by Chris Tomlin:
"I wanna live like there's no tomorrow. I wanna dance like no one is around. I wanna sing like nobody is listening. Before I lay my body down. I wanna give like I have plenty. I wanna love like I'm not afraid. I wanna be the man I was meant to be. I wanna be the way I was made."

There's nothing complicated in life. In relationships. The dogs know love. And they sure know how to show it.

2 comments:

jules said...

Good to see Junior & Ginne again on this blog, they are looking so good :-)

Anonymous said...

Junior and Ginne -- they've touched my heart.

Kz