March 23, 2009

On behalf of a rescuer



"Dear all,

My friend and I found this maltese in beach road, near the army market, tied outside a police post. Was told by the police that he was left there since morning and under the rain for the entire day until we passed by at about 5pm.

He fur was all matted and he had a stong stench coming from him. We brought him straight to the groomer to have all his fur shaven off and afterwards to see the vet.

Vet said he is about 8 years and is healthy except for a heart murmur which is not clinical as yet. He is very active for his age and loves going out. He is very intelligent and behaves like a 3 year old. From our observation, he seems to like other dogs. He got quite attached to my friend and I after that few hours together but we are unable to keep him. I'm sure he will be able to adapt fast to his new home.

Thinking back about how he was abondoned under the rain really pains me alot. I couldn't hold back my tears in front of the SPCA guy as I knew that if I let him go, his life will end already.

Every dog, whether young or old, deserves an equal right to live. He has many more good years to come as long as his heart remains as it is. Please give this boy a second chance to live life to the fullest. Do consider adopting him and giving him a nice loving home?

Best regards,
Denise 91811125"

1 comment:

jules said...

It's amazing how "creative" people can be when they want to abandon their pets. Maybe the previous owner thought leaving him outside a police post is a safer bet than surrendering him to SPCA, i really can't fathom how people think these days. I also can't help but wonder why couldn't those men in blue move the doggie to a sheltered spot? Hope doggie can find a permanent, loving home to live out his years.