December 10, 2007

The last time I saw


mama cat and her kid was more than 2 weeks ago. Just a few days after that, they 'disappeared'.

I thought that 'thing' had happened to them - being quite friendly to passers-by and her kid being still small and vulnerable, I thought they had been caught and taken away to be culled. We checked with the authorities and on record, they did not have any cats from this area.

Maybe some kind soul decided to bring both mom and kid home, as the area they were living at was not safe with cars coming by fast and unaware.
Days became a week and I thought I would not see them anymore. But I did. Was walking back when I ran into my friend walking her dog. Just as we were standing there chatting, mama cat appeared from amongst the tall grass! But cos the dog was there, she was edgy and ran off round the corner. I was relieved to see that she is well and fine. I didn't see her kid then.

Then, just this morning as I was taking my early walk, I rounded the corner and there, right in front of my eyes were mama cat and her tiger-striped kitty! They have chosen to relocate to a safer spot, away from fast vehicles. Smart move and a wonderful sight to start my day!

No comments: