December 30, 2007

Just returned from an amazing fellowship

with dear brothers and sisters. The kind of fellowship that leaves your heart open, vulnerable.

As I come closer to the first step towards my journey to NZ, there is inevitably a sense of anxiety that arises now and then. Moments when I catch myself wondering, hey....just what do I think I am doing...how do I think I am ever going to make it through.

But tonight, among my dear friends, I am comforted by their overflowing faith into my life. Words of power to strengthen and reaffirm. Little gifts so great with meaning.

There will be moments in your life when you are uncertain. When you wonder if this is really the right path, the right choice, the right person for you. We have those moments. I have learnt through time, that we are hardly ever 100% sure about anything all the time.

But, if you find yourself ... keep coming back to a path ....a dream .... a vision ... a person ... if MOST OF THE TIME, your heart is open, at peace, with joy when you are thinking about a dream, and being with a person ... then hey, be bold, take that step forward and go for it.

Forget about the moments of displeasure, doubt, angst. These moments exist but they do not determine the truth. The rain may come before your BBQ but that doesn't mean you pack up all your things and leave to go home and sulk and moan that it is your bad day. No! You find a shelter first and you stay put. You let the rain go by with FAITH in your heart that after the dark clouds, THE SKY WILL BE CLEAR BLUE. Your party will go on, as planned.

Your dream will come to pass as you have seen it in your heart.

Let the little showers come and go. They always will go. And soon after, the skies are always a clear blue.

Be brave now. Let go of the past and the 'if onlys' and reach forward to your dreams. They are you. They are why you are here in the first place.

All things are working together for your good.

1 comment:

jules said...

Yes, have faith and all will go well. Will always keep you in my prayers...