August 4, 2008

The cute and pretty one

always gets chosen first? Well, quite the case. Not all the time, but most. Here is Niu Niu as W calls her - the chosen one who stands out for her good looks - golden coat and sweet face like a mix-Golden Retriever. She enjoys the comfort of the air-con office and extra TLC and I believe extra treats from W cos she is the chubbiest.



Niu Niu in office while her sibling stands just outside.



Here we have Patch boy whom we took to sterilise yesterday. Patch boy was shy and adorable. Yup, could have been stressed during his first car ride but three quarters into the journey, I felt the weight on my forearm getting just that bit heavier and heavier (he was resting his head on my arm) ... and his head drooping lower and lower ... haha ... our little fellow was dozing off to sleep! Funny boy. Both are back at their farm now. Will check on them again very soon.

And here is Yo Yo, the newcomer to Toto's pack some months back whom we found with a huge gaping wound on his back. He is all well and dandy now and has found his place among his kind.


Yoyo all healed


Yoyo few months back with big wound


It is with dogs like him and the rest, whom we know, by face and name, that blurs the line between objective efficiency and subjective attachment. Hand work and heart work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sincerely wish you guys the best.I've been helping my strays around my office area and really,they are subject to the abuse of workers, Getting run down by trucks and other harsh enviornmental hazzards. Not forgetting fresh wounds appear daily and when you ask around, the workers look at you like. "oh they are just animals".
Kibbles and Antiseptic creams dont come cheap but i'm doing my best to provide for them.