August 12, 2008

"Remember the big picture"

We were reminded. Not fight the little bush fires as they come. But recognise and resolve the fire starter at its source.

The big picture.

Not just for our 7, our 8, 50, 500 ... but for the living stray population in Singapore, Asia, the world. The recognition that life in all its myriad forms deserves respect. That life is meant to be lived. In full. Peace. Dignity. And where life needs to be taken to provide for man, let the ending be swift, respectful, as painless as possible.

Been a strangely emotional past two days for me, haven't felt this way in awhile. It's like stepping into a revolving door, into that split second of stillness when you are neither in nor out. Where you see what's ahead of you but you're not quite there yet cos you've never quite left the past behind.

So I remind myself. Emotions are of the soulish realm. So I feel them. Then I lay them aside. Walk on ahead with what is to be done. It really doesn't matter how I feel, how you feel.

The Spirit is always full of joy, full in the absolute certainty that things always work out well. May not be the way our human minds plan and build around. But always, for those of Faith, things SURELY work out well.

4 comments:

Scruppei said...

Hi there! May I know which society this blog is working for? I'd like to learn more about all these doggy rescues =) Contact me alright? ^^

Anonymous said...

Hi Pei
We don't exactly work for any society. This is simply and mainly 3 of us with many helpful people along the way, doing our bit for the strays along a route. There are quite a few animal welfare societies in S'pore, some are listed on our sidebar. Every little help does make a difference!

Anonymous said...

Hi Project JK,

It is so wonderful to see that all these wonderful animal rescues being done. I would love to help in some way. Please let me know how I can assist.

With regards to fostering, can I understand more about it? What is the foster's responsible for? How long does a fosterer usually care for the dogs? Can I choose the dogs to foster due to my own pet consideration? How I transit the dog to a permanent home?

Would you have a mailing list of owners who adopted dogs? I am on waiting to adopt my dog shortly. And really would like to be on a network of owners with big adopted dogs.

Rgds
Michelle

Scruppei said...

there's only the 3 of you? How do u guys manage to handle! Where do you house those rescued dogs? I wish I could do something for them too! Do let me know if you need any help in any activities =) My holidays are coming and I'd love to help out.

Here's my email address: ppeeii_89@hotmail.com