October 20, 2008

Some of you may already know

of the recent fire at Joo Chiat that wrecked the home of an elderly auntie and her animals. We're posting an appeal below from another animal rescuer.

"The house that concerns me is 210 -A Joo Chiat road where an elderly lady Mdm Teo, a general cleaner lives. (I call her joo chiat auntie.) I have been helping her for more than 15 years.


Although she managed to escaped from the fire, it killed 12 of her cats and the rest managed to escape by leaping out of the windows. Out of around 50 to 60 cats and 4 dogs, only 30 or so cats were left. One of the dogs is also dying due to smoke inhalations while a few cats iarerecovering from the fire. Due to the fire, she has lost most of her personal belongings, electricals and animals feeds.

Any one of you willing to help in any way could visit her at 210-A Joo Chiat Road. Electrical lines and phone lines are out at the moment. However you could call me first and I shall create that link. My tel is 93822138. Email duchess22003@yahoo.com.sg . Please pass the word around for the sake of these animals."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other 3 dogs? this location is just across the road from my old office. i had no idea she lost so many animals. its very saddening