October 1, 2006

From wilderness to domesticity

I am sure Goldie and her pack at the tapioca farm will beg to differ but Comet showed, on my visit last Friday, that he is thriving in domesticity.

With occasional diarrhoea on the living room's floor, Comet is not that wild at heart. Z, his young adoptive parent, held him still with calm whispers as I took pictures of him.

Z informed that Comet is doing well, so far so good. He's taking boiled meat and (reluctantly) kibbles. Comet holds his bowels and poos outside during walks. Z walks him for about half hour everday, one to two times. He is sufficiently paper-trained, peeing on newspapers in the bathroom and demonstrated to me, after all the excitement of seeing me, that he can pretty much aim well on the papers. Well done, Comet!

Initially wary, he warmed up to me after a few caresses and showed his puppy vitality, running in circles past the connecting route of the living room, the dining area and the kitchen. Not a bark, not a whimper, but an energy full of joy and excitement.

When I bid farewell at the doorstep with the gate wide-open, he didn't bolt. Neither did he dash out to loiter the corridors. He stood where he was, his feet well within the boundaries of the home and looked at me with perked ears and anticipating grin, and of course, a wagging tail.

This is our COMET, a happy dog rehomed, although how much he's grown took me sometime to get used to. I wonder if he's forgotten his birthplace and where he used to gallivant like a true-blue footloose canine.

Endearing, endearing Comet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness! He's got the same two purpleish marks on his tongue like his "Ah Ma" Goldie Girl! ;-) J.