October 22, 2006

Popped by to visit Shadow

after a short while at the SKC dogshow cos been quite awhile since our last visit and Mrs L has updated me that Shadow has been misbehaving slightly - biting shoes, slippers, socks...digging up the garden...bullying Scott and Wendy...biting Wendy's ears..... Enough to warrant an 'urgent' visit asap!

So off we went with an anticipating heart - just how is Shadow doing?

Mrs L's family was still out. Few moments after I sounded the door bell, I heard barking and then from round the corner from the backyard came Shadow bounding towards the main gate. She recognised me very quickly, giving her familiar excited grunts and sharp whines, while her entire body sways exaggeratedly in welcome. When I stepped thru the gate, all I could do was try to brace my weight while this 24-kg weight jumped up to give me hugs! Well...I feel very welcomed I must say. :)

She has dugged up some grass patches I can see. And chewed some many slippers. Wendy must be still angry at Shadow cos she refused to come out from the house. These 2 women are still not buddies yet I'm afraid. Wendy being 11 years and Scott 13, Shadow has to try very hard to get those 2 up and eager to engage in feisty play with her.

So Shadow has endeared herself to Mrs L's younger daughter instead, who will usually be the one to bring her to walks in the mornings and evenings. She is still very much a people-dog.

I'm glad to share with all of you here that Shadow is doing very well at her new home, despite her little naughty acts that are disciplined accordingly, the family is very patient with her and has made adjustments here and there to lessen chances of misbehaviour, and ultimately, the family truly love Shadow. The maid herself sing praises of Shadow - of how affectionate Shadow is, how fast she learns, that she is still young and will learn in time, of how she is the fav of the youngest daughter.

So, yes, Shadow is doing well. She is living out her miracle story.

No comments: