February 12, 2008

The week begins with

renewed strength to live through the week, to embrace moments of the day with hope and faith.

I think of V plying the streets all on her own, feeding the dogs, hurling bags of brown rice meshed with meat and bread pieces for wary ones. She's been telling me she doesn't want to call me and disturb me.

"The animal world is wicked," she laments.

Watching, observing... probably thinking to herself how long can she do this before she calls it quits, before her health gives way.

No matter what, it's good to take things in optimism. I tell myself to look on the bright side of things, psych myself to do it. Yes I can do it.

I want to continue contributing to animal welfare for as long as I live.

The changes do not take place overnight, but I know deep in my heart that whatever I do is for a good cause; it's for something I truly, truly believe in. Passionately.

1 comment:

jules said...

Yes, look on the bright side always, then we have the hope, determination and energy to go on. Just like the story of the man picking up the stranded starfish on the beach and throwing them back to the sea one by one. It matters, however small our efforts.