May 26, 2007

Got a notice this noon

about 2 dog spotted at an area, seemingly staying there and unafraid of humans. The person who informed me was concerned that they could be easily caught by the authorities as they are easily seen.

I was running some errands tonight and so happen to end up around that area so I popped by to check it out. In fact, I didn't realise from the address given that I have passed by this place more than a few times and yes, I have seen these 2 dogs hanging around that area.

Whenever I pass by, they were either strolling along the paths or lazing on the grass. They seemed very well settled.

When we drove in just now, I saw one of the dogs resting by the table of the security guard. I hadn't notice before that this boy has already been licensed. His temperament is fine, not particularly friendly but not hostile either. He was limping though, probably a light knock from a passing vehicle. The security guard couldn't tell me more though. I asked if both dogs have been sterilised and initially he said yes, then upon further queries, he said he doesn't know.

The boy is the resident dog, guard dog I presume. I asked who is responsible to care and feed him, and the guard says that the dog eats whatever is leftover from the workers there. For the girl apparently she came along later. Well, she is more wary and keeps her distance, and looking at her body, she must have given birth at least once before. I doubt she has been sterilised.

I will call the company tomorrow to find out more details and if both are not sterilised, will get some of the workers there who are close to the dogs to help us catch to the vet. The guard is a malay so he can't help.

They appeared fine and well-settled where they are. So we'll speak with the management and advise them to sterilise both and license the girl as well. And they can then be left to live there safely, with no threat of being culled.

Will update again.

No comments: