September 22, 2006

The pix was taken 2 Sep


That time, big boy Bob (right) wasn't injured yet. I hadn't taken much note of him cos he's always one of those dogs who hang around at the background. Not coming near. And not going far. He didn't leave much of an impression on me amidst the many who sought our attention and those who are outright unfriendly. He was always just there.

When this pix was taken, it was the first time he got friendly with me. His tail was wagging gently, coming right for me. He ate from my hand and allowed me to stroke him.

Then again, he slipped out of my mind till I saw him again while getting Beth, which was almost 2 weeks ago. Then he had already injured his ear, probably from a dog fight.

In the dark of the container, his ear looked mutilated, oozy and I'm sure maggots-infested. His whines and tilted head indicated his extreme discomfort.I tried to get him, but each time the leash touched a wee bit of his ear, he whinced in pain and backed away from me.

When we lost him after that encounter, I thought we'd lost him for good. And that was a big regret for me, being so close to getting him that day. As days passed without sight of him, the dread arises that he must have died somewhere.

Today, our hopes were raised once again! K called me excitedly this morning and said that Bob was in the room! (Beth and pack are now hanging out in one of the abandoned rooms) What good news - he's alive! K also said that his ear looked better, at least it doesn't smell putrefying as before. That's good news indeed, he must have gone off somewhere and somehow recuperated on his own.

However, when K thought that he had Bob trapped in the room by blocking the back door, this strong boy somehow managed to push through the front door (Beth and bro have never pushed thru this door before) and ran away again.

Never mind, it's OK! Knowing that he is alive and well is good news enough for now. I'm sure he will turn up again soon. I am sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will. Have Faith. :) ~~~gL