September 11, 2006

Wanted to get our boy

with the badly injured ear just now, but he didn't come out. Usually when dogs are unwell, they go into hiding. Have passed the antibiotic to K. He will feed the boy when he comes out tomorrow. And soon as we can, we will bring him for treatment.

When I was trying to get Beth last evening, he was lying low in the corner all the while. When he finally decided to come out to me, he was all friendly and waggy, letting me pat him a little. I did try to get the leash over him but when the leash just touched a wee bit of his left ear, he cringed and yelped in pain. In the dark of the shelter, I could see the open gaping wound, oozing blood and pus and I am sure it is maggot infested. He was walking with his ear tilted in pain and whining intermittently. We WILL have to get him soon.

Along the way, I saw our 2 black pups whom we thought were gone! They are fairly big now, prob about 6 months. 1 boy and 1 gal. And another beige gal. Well, at least we know they are still alive. Will try to get them.
















K's dogs are all settling down fine at the farm. The 7 have taken over the main front part of the farm, and Beth's pack are further in, preferring the sheds.


Big Boy Bully (he's the fattest of the lot) and one of our mangey quartet. Will be treating him and his bro for their mange.

No comments: