August 2, 2007

Amazingly, we are into

the month of August. Yes again, the year has whizzed by silently. I hope all of you have been having good days and better days to come! We have been silent for many days now. The reason? Just one word, and an insignificant one in fact if you give it some thought - 'busy'.

What are we busy with day after day after day? How many little accomplishments did you manage yesterday? But then again, how many souls have you touched? How many ticks have you gto on your to-do list, yet how many joyful meetings have you made time for in the last week? Have you said no to your family, your kid, your pal cos you have another little battle to win in office?

I have to remind myself not to let the little time-stealers of each day cloud my big picture. Not to tire myself out with deeds, no matter how useful they are, but find myself completely drained at the end of the day, with no energy for the more important issues in life. Issues that have further and deeper implications than the immediate help that is met today.

Very soon, my counterpart will be off overseas for his study attachment and for a few months we will feel his absence in the scene. And soon after, for those who already know, I am off to pursue my lifelong ambition to be a vet. When all plans are laid out well and fine, I should be off very early next year. And this adventure will bring me 5 years away from home. Do keep a little prayer for me as I submit my applications and await good news for a placing in a vet school, after which my application for scholarship/sponsorship will follow.


This is what I mean by saying 'no' to some requests today so that I can say many many times 'yes' when I am fully qualified. When I am fully equipped to help in the very areas my heart calls me to.

Right now, there is little I can do other than to coordinate treatments for our animals in need and raising funds for their medical expenses. We are still very dependent and at times hampered by our lack of resources, both medical capability and financial backing.

We have stretched ourselves a bit too tight at times, finding ourselves weary and frustrated and wanting to shut my eyes and ears to the needs out there. At least maybe me sometimes. But give us some respite, some rest and we find ourselves back again. You never wander far from your calling I guess.

And just now, I found myself so very tempted to get myself this little black and white teddy hamster just so I have this little wondrous creature snoozing on my desk while I work. :) While, he is still available...who knows? He may just be here right beside me in a few days time, if my mind is still set on him.

For now, just reliving our episodes of past and the dogs who will be in our lives still for many many years to come.

Thank you to all for all your support along our way. Wouldn't have made anything come thru without you.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you and KZ. Without you guys, some of the dogs unable to have 2nd chance of their life and find good home.
May God bless you all now and forever.

Anonymous said...

Press on and hold fast in pursuing your calling. God is with you. He has a plan for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you a hope and a future.

On the other hand, would like to know if have an interim succession plan to continue the excellent work you have been doing. I certainly hope the wonderful works will carry on until you return. The animals will miss you dearly. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

thank u so much for the kind words and blessings. we will surely make plans for the animals in need. will keep everyone updated. meanwhile if there is anyone who can commit some time to this cause, someone who understands instinctively the purpose and is willing to come forth to help, do contact us at projectjkteam@yahoo.com.sg.