August 31, 2007

I have been wondering when I would finally

let go of my thoughts and doubts of Jamie. Seemed like I couldn't really settle his issue peacefully in my heart. Knowing the right thing to do, and accepting it as the right thing to do - there still is a slim bordeline to cross to get to a solid resolution.

When we went to ARC for a 2nd opinion and was again advised to put Jamie to sleep to relieve him of his suffering, it wasn't what we intended. We went there with hope. But we accepted the advice when we saw how Jamie was, right in front of us. That was 2 weeks ago.

Last night, coincidentally during a social function, I met Dr L. I've been wanting to ask him for his personal views on Jamie. After explaining to him Jamie's story and how Dr S advised putting him down too, he listened and said that was the kindest thing to do for Jamie. He suspected that the lump in Jamie's stomach was cancerous. When we found Jamie, the growth could already be invasive, affecting his spinal cord and causing his paralysis, taking his life in just a short period.

The kindest thing to do. But certainly not the easiest.

* We are still awaiting the post-mortem results.

No comments: