October 26, 2007

The suffering of the animals

are always inflicted by human beings who are suffering themselves. Where a human being is lacking, within or without, he will, by conscious choice or not, inflict suffering on a lesser being.

Whichever way you look at it, for me, it comes back to the same starting point. Always.

For there to be true sustaining change - we need to show compassion for human kind. First. And then, the fullness in human kind will overflow as compassion for the animals.

Start with each human being you encounter. Be kind. Compassionate. Seek to understand.

Only when mankind is not suffering, will he stop the suffering upon others.

1 comment:

jules said...

Have to admit that I did not have the guts to finish the video... 'cos I have seen similar ones before and deep down, I think I already knew the atrocities we humans are capable of inflicting on animals. Go vegan? Tough but I am cutting down a lot of meat, except that I love eggs... Funnily, your blog always speaks out many deep, dark thoughts i have inside but never spoke out. At one point in my life, I detested humans so much for having declared themselves Lords of this earth and mistreating all other forms of life around us. But I have come to terms with certain things, taken on a more positive stance and look to your blog for enlightenment at times...Thanks :-]