October 10, 2007

When I reached Mama Girl's

new home just now, she was resting by the main gate. As I got closer, her face lit up in recognition and she tried to squeeze her head thru the narrow grills to greet me.


Goldie at front porch

The family is calling her Goldie now. And she is looking in good spirits! No one could tell that she just had a major operation 2 weeks ago, cos she is jumping up to greet you now and running pretty fast around the compound. But she still has to take it easy cos after a short run, you'll see her sitting down for a rest. And we also do not want her too active just yet.





Of cos, I won't say that she is all settled down already. That won't be true. Even us humans, when we relocate or even just go on a vacation, we need time to readjust, get used to the new people, new smells, new sights, new sounds, new food, maybe even the water tastes different.




Mama Girl is still peering beyond the gardens, checking out the scene as if wondering and thinking of her farm home and pack or just checking out her new neighbours. Girl is by nature so human-friendly that she will humbly submit to any human being. She will come when called. She will stay as you pat her. She will lie down when we needed to trim her fur off the bandage plaster just now.

I am glad to share that this is a very kindly and understanding family. Although they may not be able to adopt another one from Girl's pack, I am certain Girl has found a safe and good home with them.

When I leave, Girl walked me to the gate and wanted to follow me out, but she politely stayed put when L, the maid told her to. No fight. No grumble. Just a silent obedience.

She will curb her own wish just to fulfil yours. I am very touched by such a big heart of hers. She has taught me much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, that's just like Girl, ever so obliging. There's such an amazing gentleness about her.
Indeed God is good with His provision. I'm glad Girl has this family and space now :)

jt

Ky said...

so glad to see her in her new home : )