August 11, 2006

We finally managed

to get one of our gals from SK on 10 July. Let's call her Summer.

Wanted to get Scruffy cos she was already pregnant now but she's more skittish, still pretty tough. Summer has been getting more and more friendly with me over the past weeks, coming up to eat from my hand and letting me scratch her ears.

We were at the rottweiler side and Summer came trotting up to me for pats. I was hoping to get Scruffy first rather than her. V managed to get hold of Scruffy's neck but she struggled off before I got a good grip of her. After that, Scruffy kept her distance. Never mind, next try!

We drove back to SK and the dogs followed. I got ready a short leash and called for Summer. She came right up to me again. I calmly patted and scratched her ears, slowly...slowly....I got a grip of her nape, gently held her there and slowly loop the leash over her head. With the elash thru, it was easy then. I carried her into V's car.

Unfortunately it was off day for Dr T's staff, no one was at the clinic so we had to drive all the way to PH to board her overnight. The next day, we brought her to be sterilised at Dr T.

It was during this period that some of our dogs 'disappeared'. We certainly hope it was not the doings of the authorities.

* Summer is now already safe and sound in Noah's Ark.

No comments: